Managing Your Information Preferences
Information We Collect
We collect information that personally identifies you, such as your name, address, email address, and other personally identifiable information when you sign up for the Site or Services (“Personal Information”). The decision to provide this information is optional. However, if you choose not to provide the requested information, you may not be able to use some or all of the features of the Site or Services.
Usage Data and Site Activity
We automatically collect information regarding the actions you take on the Site and Services (“Usage Data”). For example, each time you use the Site we may automatically collect the type of Web browser you use, your operating system, your Internet Service Provider, your IP address, the pages you view, and the time and duration of your visits to the Site. This Usage Data may be associated with your account. We may store such Usage Data itself and/or such information may be included in databases owned and maintained by Company affiliates, agents, or service providers. We may use such information and pool it with other information to track, for example, the total number of visitors to our Site, the number of users of our application or visitors to each page of our Site, etc. We use this information to help us understand how people use the Site and Services and to enhance the Site and Services.
Cookies, Web Beacons, and Tracking Code
How We Use Information and When We May Share and Disclose Information Generally
We may use your Personal Information for the purpose for which it was provided or in the ways that you authorize, including without limitation for the purposes described further below:
- Provision and Monitoring of the Services: We will use your Personal Information to provide you with access to and to support your use of the Services and to monitor your use of the Services. We will also give you the opportunity to store, review and edit Personal Information and other information on the Site.
- Surveys, Contests, and Other Special Offers: From time to time, we may offer our users the opportunity to participate in loyalty programs, surveys, contests, and other special offers. If you elect to participate in these services, you will need to provide certain Personal Information.
- Questions and Requests: If you contact us by e-mail or otherwise, we will use the Personal Information you provide to answer your question or resolve your problem.
- Contacting You About Other Products, Services, and Events: Company and/or third parties may use your Personal Information to contact you in the future to tell you about products, services, and events that may be of interest to you.
- Research and Data Analysis: In an ongoing effort to better understand and serve the users of the Site and the Services, Company may conduct research on its customers’ demographics, interests, and behavior based on Usage Data and other information provided to us. This data may be compiled and analyzed on an aggregate basis, and Company may share this data with advertisers, researchers, business partners, publications, and other third parties. This information will not identify you personally.
- Service Improvement: We may use your Personal Information, aggregated Personal Information, and other non-personally-identifiable information collected through the Site and Services to help us improve the content and functionality of the Site, to better understand our users, and to improve the Services.
- Order Fulfillment: We may use your Personal Information that you provide to fulfill any orders you may place for Services offered by Company.
Information You Make Available to Others
By using the Site or Services, including the creation of a profile or submission of public queries, you may make certain of your Personal Information available to others, such as your name, information about your animal such as name, breed, discipline, or other information) or picture of you or your animal. This information may be accessed by users who use the Site or Services and may be accessed by commercial search engines such as Google, Yahoo!, and Bing to the extent that such engines are permitted to access the Site or Services.
Third parties may collect, but we do not authorize them to collect, personally identifiable information about your online activities over time and across different websites when you use the Site or Services.
From time to time, we may establish a business relationship with other businesses that we believe to be trustworthy and have privacy practices consistent with ours (“Service Providers”). For example, we may contract with Service Providers to provide certain services, such as development, hosting and maintenance, data storage and management, and marketing and promotions. We only provide our Service Providers with the information necessary for them to perform these services on our behalf. Each Service Provider must agree to use reasonable security procedures and practices, appropriate to the nature of the information involved, in order to protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure.
We may share Personal Information and Usage Data with businesses controlling, controlled by, or under common control with Company. If Company is merged, acquired, or sold, or in the event of a transfer of some or all of our assets or equity, we may disclose or transfer Personal Information and Usage Data in connection with such transaction.
Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement
Company will cooperate with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We may disclose Personal Information and any other content and information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties if, in our discretion, we believe it is necessary or appropriate in order to respond to legal requests (including court orders and subpoenas), to protect the safety, property or rights of Company or of any third party, to prevent or stop any illegal, unethical, or legally actionable activity, or to comply with the law.
Be Careful When You Share Information with Others
Please be aware that whenever you share information on a publicly available page or any other public forum on the Site or Services, others may access that information. In addition, please remember that when you share information in any other communications with third parties, that information may be passed along or made public by others. This means that anyone with access to such information can potentially use it for any purpose, including sending unsolicited communications.
We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect the confidentiality and security of Personal Information and other information transmitted to us. We attempt to keep our Site and Services optimized for current browsers and you should always keep your browsers updated. However, no data transmission over the Internet or other network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect information transmitted on or through the Site or Services, we cannot and do not guarantee the security of any information you transmit on or through the Site or Services, and you agree that you do so at your own risk.
We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received Personal Information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete such information from our records.
Processing in the United States
Please be aware that your Personal Information and communications may be transferred to and maintained on servers or databases located outside your state, province, or country. If you are located outside of the United States, please be advised that the laws in the United States may not be as protective of your privacy as those in your location. By using our Site or Services, you agree that the applicable laws in the United States will govern the collection, use, transfer, and disclosure of your Personal Information and communications.